- Flying Dates 2017
- Membership Fees
- Midland Sky 2017
- Flying Dates 2018
- Launch Site
- Why Us?
- Flying Site Altitudes
- Drones and other Flying Models
- Launch Reports
Our launch site is large and has a flight ceiling of 4,500ft.
We fly everything from 1/4A motors to M.
We are based near Twycross Zoo, just off the A444.
Launch days cost £10 for AP and Hybrid flyers and £6 for BP flyers
We fly from a farm near Norton-Juxta Twycross. – please note that there is an airstrip and a model helicopter club in the area, use the directions below.
View Twycross on Google Maps.
Directions to the Event
Travelling East (From M42)
• Turn of the M42 at Junction 11.
• Take the A444 towards Twycross Zoo for about 2 miles.
• Turn left onto Orton Lane and go through village, don’t take any turnings off the road.
• Take the A444 towards Twycross Zoo
• Go pasts Twycross Zoo
• Turn right onto Orton Lane and go through village, don’t take any turnings off the road.
As you leave Norton-Juxta-Twycross, just past the church, turn left onto Cottage Lane and travel down the lane. We usually place a banner at the entrance to the farm lane. Drive through the farm yard SLOWLY (5 MPH) and continue on the lane between the fields; you will see us near the small strip wood.